Friday 5 July 2013

Why I LOve Box Braids to pieces!

       Booooxxxxxx Braaaaaiiiiidddddssss aka Bob Marley aka long feathers etc etc. What are Box braids? Box braids are called so because of the pattern they form when parting your natural hair i.e square patterns. I'm totally and absolutely in love with box braids (if my boo hears this),the braids are light,easy to style,good for natural hair recovery! I don't like sticking with 1 look for a period of time so box braids are it for me,gives a seemingly more bohemian, goddess-like feel, making for a very exotic and powerful look(bla,bla,bla). After watching some Youtube videos on Box Braids styling,i just had to braid my hair and am so loving the looks i get every time i style dem braids, the way it changes my face and outfit, AWESOME! its so good sometimes i don't recognise myself when am done,lolzzz.

    These days some of our favourite celebrities are seriously rocking Box braids,its becoming the trendiest hairstyle this summer. Hawt chics every where have been going 90′s retro with the chunky waist length braids. Its a beautiful sight to behold! Celebrities like Solange knowles, Beyonce, Brandy, Jada Pinkett, Kandi having been hitting us with 1 awesome look to the next! Whoever styles their braids is so gooooodddd! Sometimes i can't wrap my head around Solanges wraps or buns.....Jeezzz. Instead of talking too much, let me show you a few pics of the Wow braids!


Seriously,where will i start this bun from?

Beyonce please take it easy on us mortals

                                                             how does she sleep @ nite

I'v been managing these beautiful blue and black braids for a week now, i intend to rock dem till the braids are pulling out of my roots (Oh Lord please lemme not be hairless when am done). Now feast your eyes......

                                                       Rocking that high side bun!
                                                      i'm gonna name this SIDE TWIST!(lookin so serious)
                                                   

yea,its not Solange's high bun bt i'l manage (cryin so hard)

High Bun and a Side donut *winks*

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!! Buhahahahaha,just kidding! Stil have over 20 hairstyles to try on these braids (*evil grin*) ,hopefully this is only the beginning of the series WHY I LOVE BOX BRAIDS TO PIECES!

please do not hesitate to comment.....tnks guys!!!

19 comments:

  1. Wow..awesome babes..now you totally just made me wanna mk box braids so I can rock different buns wit d braids..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I cud rock braids like u, unfortunately, I'll lose all d little hair I have, so I'll pass :D. . Fun writeup. :). Douye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fear fear *tongue out* ok,if u dont want to lose your front hair,find a hairstylist who's good @ picking front hair or dont braid d beginning of your front hair,use gel on it instead.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I never knew its called box braid. Those wraps are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear,there are other braids like Poetic Justice(janet jackson),loose braids,kinky braids etc i love this the most tho *grins*.

      Delete
  4. Lovely braids,aweasome makeup.Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ Look lovely.W̶̲̥̅̊ђåƮ makeup line do Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ use,cos ℓ̊ want 2 get sometin new,ur's is so G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥O̲̣̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ on Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊.pls reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnk u dearieeeeee! men....i use different makeup lines on my face *grins* lately av bin using Zaron panache powder and d effect is Awesome....i use Sleek shadows a lot and Nyx HD eyeshadow base. will post pics of my everyday looks stating d makeup products i used in the following months....

      Delete
  5. So proud of u dear...incredibly...thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9ce! Nw am gonna be more confident wen I do ma braids! U inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *now cryin out loud* tnk u dearie,i look forward 2 seein pics of you on ur braids!

      Delete
  7. So coooool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweeeeerriiieeee!
    I'm hapi 4 u....ds whole sharayyy is rili kul...n d box braids,perfect!!!#kisses#

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I'll just have to learn to style mine ;D

    ReplyDelete

thank u dearie!